16 September 2007

Jester Balls

Can anyone help me out, I want to go to Joann's and get some fabric to make Jester Balls and I still have no idea how to make them. I have one that I was thinking about taking apart to figure out how to put back together, but I'm not positive that I want to do that. I also have to go to Joann's to get some black bias tape because I'm a dork and cannot calculate what I needed for the project I am working on I will post a picture of that when I am done with the bias tape). Just one more reason to go to Joann's, thank God it's only 2 miles away! Let me know if any one of you have the website to make this or if it's pretty simply that you can tell me. I would be very greatful.

7 comments:

M said...

The ones like Jo and I have made require scraps and are made by sewing together Pentagons. They have to be all hand sewn. There is a special order to it, but sorry can't tell you waht it is. Basically though you make a flower shape and then connect the petals, then connect the sides. If you use all different fabric then you don't have to worry about order, but if you use two of all the fabrics then the order matters or you will end up with colors touching.

Joanna said...

i can make a tutorial but you have to give me a couple of day, ok.

Kainoa said...

I would love that Jo. Thanks Meagan for the information, I was thinking about the whole color concept and I guess I have to use all kinds of different colors, cause if I use the same one, knowing my luck it will link up to be with the other matchin one. I just am excited and I can't wait to try. Take your time Jo, I know you are busy, so wheneve you get around to it is great!

Marie said...

you could also buy the book that i originally got the pattern for and sent to joanna. it's by jinny beyer and is called patchwork puzzle balls. here is the link to amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Patchwork-Puzzle-Balls-Jinny-Beyer/dp/0972121854/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8/002-4664539-0074404?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190034161&sr=8-8
or better yet, i could send you the book and you could use it for a while and then send it back to me whenever. i would suggest looking at the book because there are a lot more designs then just the pentagon. i made one with diamonds that came out really nice. also, she has some info on colors and how to place them just right.

M said...

Hey I forgot that it originally came from you Marie. Once you said that I did a duh, I knew that! Now I know where the ball pattern came from and more ideas like it. Thanks!

Kainoa said...

Thanks Marie...I'm going to go to Barnes and Nobles this weekend. Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Kainoa said...

crap, I went to barnes and noble and totally forgot...guess i just have to go back again!!!