20 September 2008

Recipe War Prizes - Yarn

These are all from my stash.

The following prize includes a ball of pink alpaca (there is enough to make a hat), a hank of cream Knit Picks alpaca and two balls Rowan All Seasons Cotton in a buttery yellow.



Below are three hanks of Cascade 220 wool. I bought these to make a striped Noni bag. But after taking a class from her and never actually finishing the bag I started in the class, I realized that I don't really like felting yarn.



This yarn is from the part of my life when I felt compelled to buy mass quantities of any yarn I saw on sale. I really do love this yarn. I made a sweater out of it and plan to make a sweater jacket for Caleb for this Winter. These three balls are enough for a hat and scarf and should be enough for a kid's sweater (but probably not older than 1 year). The color is light brown with hints of green.

No comments: