19 March 2008

mmmm...dinner


I just had to share this yummy recipe that we had for dinner tonight. My friend Patti always gives me these simple, delicious mexican recipes. This one is chimichangas.
Cook 1lb ground beef with finely chopped onions (and a bit of chopped bell pepper if you like). When no longer pink, add one can of refried beans and 1/2 taco seasoning packet and mix well. Fill flour tortillas, place in a 9x13 baker and brush with oil, bake at 400 for 20-30 mins, or until browned and crip on outside. Serve with sour cream and salsa. MMMMM. These were so easy, but a huge hit with my kids as well. I also have her SPECTACULAR recipe for spanish rice if anyone wants it. Best spanish rice EVER.

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Well, if the rice recipe is SPECTACULAR and it is the best recipe EVER, I guess I would be remiss not to bite. So what is the recipe already???

Dinner looks delicious!

Joanna said...

yummy! can i come over?

Leah said...

i would love to see the spanish rice recipe too :)