10 April 2008

Embroidered Wash Cloths

So I am trying to branch out again. I have been looking for plain white baby wash cloths to use for Showers of Blessing. I don't really like the super thin, flimsy ones that most companies make, and I am not willing to pay for the thicker ones at the regular stores because if I want to re-sell, I would have to price them too high for anyone to want to pay for it! Plus, all the nice ones in the store are packaged in colorful sets with prints or other embroidery on them. Recently, one of my wholesalers started to carry some washcloths, so I decided to try them out. They are terry on one side and flannel on the other. I think it is kind of weird to have flannel on the washcloth, but it is soft. The edges are simply serged, so it doesn't look as "finished" as some of my other products. What do you think?


5 comments:

M said...

I really really like them.... They are super cute. I am not too sure about the flannel on the other side either. Did you try looking into a hotel supplier? When I worked for the hotel we were always ordering fresh towels cause anything with a stain had to be tossed. I know all those towel were stark white and they had finished edges too.... I do kinda like the serged edge though too, but I guess the color of the serged treads could clash with some of the design choices.

Joanna said...

totally dig 'em! just the way they are!

Unknown said...

I like the idea of flannel, but I love flannel. I sleep in flannel sheets even in the summer. I'm not crazy about the serged edges though. I think I'd like it better if they had used white thread.

Johanna said...

You cannot really see it from the picture, but on the front, the serged thread is blue and on the back it is blue and pink. This company that I order them from is almost all baby items, so even though the edge is not finished, it at least is a babyish color.

Meagan, I would never have thought about a hotel supplier. My only fear there would be how soft the washcloths would be. Every hotel I've stayed in, it was like washing with sandpaper. For a baby item, it really needs to be quite soft.

Marie, I love flannel sheets to. But I think I'll have to ditch them by mid-summer. I get hot in the summer at night no matter what. But for now, they're staying on!

Tina said...

Oh, I love them just the way they are!!! SOOOO CUTE. You need to put them up so I can order some!!!