22 May 2008

Craftiness....

I'm Done!!! I finally finished my first pair of socks last week. I have to say that I enjoyed the second one much better than the first. With the second sock I felt like I really understood what I was doing, instead of just following the directions on screen mindlessly. I think it is a great project for new knitters, you can't help but learn tons. And, they are very comfy!

Plus- I have started my second pair! These are the Dublin Bay Socks by Mossy Cottage Knits. It is your basic sock with a simple lace pattern down each side. Neat, huh? These are going to be for my Mother in law... she seemed really impressed with my other socks and I am going to attempt to get these done for her birthday... which is in August, but you know how slow I am....
:-)

6 comments:

Joanna said...

COOOOOOL!! That's sensational! I really like the green and I'm totally impressed with the lace down the side of the other socks. Very nice! I'm so glad you have found your craftiness in knitting.

Joanna said...

Is that a radiator in the background?

Unknown said...

They look great! What kind of yarn are you using? I love the lace pattern! I was thinking about making starting up some socks cause all the projects I have going right now are so big and I'm discouraged by them. I need to work on something smaller.

M said...

I love them. I would be scared to wear them though after all the hard work I put into them.

Tina said...

Marie - the yarn is knit Picks risata and I LOVE it. I love how it knits up and feels really nice.
Jo- yes, a radiator. Central Heating as we know it in the US is virtually unheard of here... There was a TV show about home repair on just after we got here and the guys made a joke about this house they were looking at and the 'Strange heat-blowing system' that was installed and how they just HAD to get rid of the contraption! Funny, huh?
Meagan -maybe I would be more nervous to wear them if I hadn't made so many mistakes knitting them up! ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Oh! I'll have to try that sock yarn out. I also noticed "gloss" which is merino and silk! That sounds like it would be nice. That's so funny about the strange heat-blowing system! I could understand though, if you grew up with radiators, that anything else wouldn't seem quite as cozy. We had Thanksgiving at a friend's 200 year old house in New Jersey a couple years ago and they had radiators and there house was so cozy and comfortable. I've never lived with them though, so I'm probably being a bit romantic.