So I have been given a rather mundane sewing task by my dear husband. I must admit that it isn't that I mind doing it for him, but rather I just don't like doing it in general. Here is my task:
It is a hole. That means that the project set before me is one of mending. I am not one who likes to mend very much cause it just never looks as good as if the hole just wasn't there in the first place. Now if it was anything except my husbands pair of jean shorts I would buy a nice little patch to go over it that made the pants look a little fancier. But it isn't... instead it is my husbands pair of pants and a little soccer ball on his butt next to the pocket is just not going to work.
At least I found this guide to jean hole mending.
So I looked through my fabric stash, and here are the four alternatives that I found.
The first one is just a plain dark blue fabric. The second is kind of a blue bandana fabric, which I could cut out just a little square and sew it over the hole, but I think both options I would still have to have a stronger backing behind it sot that the hole didn't reappear. The third option is a blue jean material, but as you can see it is a lot darker than the actual pair so I don't know.... then what shape would it be... Option four I would have to back just like the other ones, but I could cut out like a little watermelon slice or something like that... Is that too girlie???
Anyways, enough of the mundane sewing stuff.
On to Zoe's baby blanket. Here is the front. It is hard to tell but it is Chenille squares, sewn patchwork style. It only is 30 inches across, but 45 inches long. So it isn't a very standard size but since it was remnant material I can't complain.
And here is the material I found for the back. I was walking around Joann's wondering "what should I use... what should I use...." Then I found this material. I fell instantly in love with it and just had to use it. There were several different background colors to pick from and different colors of the butterflies, but I liked this one against the lighter pink chinelle, and it pulled in all the shades of pink and yellow I needed so that it would look right in the nursery.
Now after it washes I can sew it all up... and her baby blanket will be ready for her arrival.