21 September 2008

My entry

I really debated this one... I don't make much more than the basics in the crock pot...
This is one of my favorite, but also so simple it makes me feel silly putting it up. One of my favorite recipes from my childhood, but very much peasant food.

Ham, Green beans and Tatties
(because this is really the most clever thing I can think to call it!)
Cut up equal amounts of ham and potatoes (make sure not to cut the potatoes too large or they will NEVER cook through) throw them in the crock pot with a can of green beans (or 2 cans depending on how much you are eating-be sure to throw in the green bean liquid as well). Add some extra water, enough to nearly cover it, but not too much. (great directions, I know). Add plenty of salt, pepper, and some large onion chunks if you want. Cook on low all day. The longer the better. Mmmmmm....
Even better reheated the next day. My kids LOVE this.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Peasant food! Woohoo!

You know, I'm really surprised that we all had such a hard time coming up with crock pot recipes. I think we should do some research and try this one again.

Unknown said...

hmmm... this sounds interesting. i think it's a good entry because i honestly don't know if i'd make this if i didn't feel obligated to. i hope that doesn't sound awful. but i love you!

Kainoa said...

I would LOVE to try this, but I just find that everytime I eat ham it contributes to my migraines. In fact anything with a lot of salt seems to do me in. It sounds so easy though, maybe I will try it anyways. Thanks for the easy dinner idea!

Tina said...

Marie that doesn't sounds awful at all! My childhood was filled with recipes like these... (lucky me, huh?)