04 August 2009

FINISHED!!!



Well, I still have to block it. The problem there lies in where to block it. It is almost 6 feet across and will be even bigger once wet! I can't wait to see it all nicely blocked.
I am really happy with how it turned out. I expected major problems wtih this being my first lace project, but it knitted up really easily. It is a spectacular pattern. It took me just over 2 months, and for me I think that is extremely fast. Once I got started it was all I wanted to do and now I am stuck wanting more!
I will post some better photos of it once it is blocked!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though I understand the incredible difference between unblocked and blocked, I think it's so beautiful! I'm speechless, really (cause 'beautiful' just doesn't seem fitting). I'm so jealous, I want to make one for myself :) I love the color too!

Joanna said...

Wow, Tina. I'm stunned. Speechless, like Marie. It's absolutely beautiful. Very impressive. You've got skilzzzzz. Exquisite, pulchritudinous, sublime, elegant, magnificent, charming and delicate.

Johanna said...

That is super beautiful! I'm impressed.

Leah said...

that is amazing. maybe i should already know this, but what is blocking?

M said...

THat is really beautiful. I am very impressed with the skills you have mastered!

Tina said...

Thanks everyone :-)
Leah, blocking is when you get it wet and gently stretch it to the proper dimensions. With any project it can make a big difference (especially if you are using wool, I think), but I think with lace it can make a huge difference. At least, it has in the projects I have seen.