20 September 2007

Look what I did!

So, nothing great.... but I think I may have the hang of it. Had a hard time at first with the stupid book. Kept saying some junk about crossing my hands over and looping the yarn. Almost burned the darn thing, but thought the gal I borrowed it from would not like it. So instead, we got together for tea and she showed me how to do it. Not nearly as bad as I thought. I really stink so far, but I got the gist of it. Now I will just do it over and over till I get it right.
Very exciting.... knit, purl, knit, purl.... it is all a bit confusing, but I can't wait till I can make something. The friend who is teaching me was next to me knitting a beautiful sweater.... ahhh, maybe some day!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

nothing a good cuppa can't solve, eh? don't worry tina, you're no 'eegit', i believe in you.

Johanna said...

Picture?? Do you have a picture? You'll get it. We all felt like total morons when first learning to knit! You're in great company!

Kainoa said...

Great job Tina, I admire your desire. You can do it and someday you will finish and be so happy!!! Best of Luck!