21 September 2007

No Wireless and Thoughts on Potty Training

I know it's been a while since I posted, but there is good reason. Our wireless router broke (might have had something to do with Shane getting upset with it and smashing it to bits). Although I am not an idiot with computers (I actually had to show Shane how to use the internet when we were just friends), I have over the years allowed him to be the controller of all things techie in our home. So, even though I think I might be able to hook up to the hard line connection, it seems too daunting and time-consuming. So, I am waiting for our new wireless router to show up so I can do all of my work on my trusty Mac. I have lots to show you though! I finished the knitted blanket. I was making it for Caleb but it turned out really small and he hasn't shown any interest in it. Maybe I will give it to someone. I've also finished the second fingerless glove and started to work on a new sweater for Caleb. This sweater is something new for me since it is the first garment I will be making without a pattern. I am using some of the blue wool that Kainoa gave me eons ago. It's really pretty with light and dark blues and purple in it. I will blog more about this later though.

Also, just wanted to mention that Caleb seems to be reverting with his potty training. He was doing really well and then yesterday he had *two* accidents. Is this normal? Shane keeps wanting to put him back in pullups, but I think that he will just go in the pullups and won't want to go in the toilet at all. What do you think?

4 comments:

Tina said...

sorry about the computer problems.... it really can be such a pain.
as far as the potty training goes, Katherine was perfect and then regressed just a bit too. But, we stuck with it and she pulled through fine. (when I say we stuck with it, I mean we went back to rewarding her with M&Ms whenever she went) I have heard that switching back to pullups or diapers can confuse them. Who knows though....

Kainoa said...

Hey Marie, just from my experience of being a nanny for 7 yeas I know that kids do regress. It happens. You just have to be patient and eventually he wllget tired of being a mess in his pants. I tried the m & m thing too and it did work, Going #2 is always the last and hardest, but he will get it, don't worry. I remember having to clean up a lot of accidents. Tell him what a big boy he will be by using the potty! Good luck!

Marie said...

oh, i forgot about the chocolate thing. it's been so long since we gave him any for using the potty. i will try that this weekend and see how it goes. thanks!

Johanna said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Don't worry about days full of accidents out of the blue. I would leave on the undies and let him feel how yucky it feels to go in them. That with an m&m or two ought to get him right back to the potty in no time! I think that if you put him back in the pull-ups he will feel like you are punishing him and that you don't think he is a big boy any more. I have read that kids often have accidents during growth spurts too. So they will happen from time to time.