24 November 2007

Tunisian Beauty

So I am making progress on my Tunisian crochet blanket. It is going to take a long time to finish this. I enjoy the process, but lets face it - there is only so much time in one day and crochet isn't on the top of my list. But it is coming along. And the good news is that it is getting colder so I won't suffocate under it while I am working on it!


Anyway, here is a shot of how it looks so far. I took it on the bed in my bedroom so you could see how the colors fit the room. I took the second shot after doing another half row so that you could also see how the extended wire is used. What do you all think of it?



Okay, I should have been in bed 30 minutes ago! I have a cold and it is late...bring on the night time cold medicine!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

wow! that is sooooo cool! it's really pretty and fits your room exactly. are you going to drape it on one of the chairs? i can't believe how much you've gotten done already!

Unknown said...

that looks great! i love the colors. what kind of yarn is it? i was thinking about synthetic yarns recently because i bought some sweaters from target that are nylon and rayon. you all know i'm a yarn snob and normally would steer clear from sweaters like this, but they were cheap and since i have to wear nicer clothes to work, i made an exception. i was kinda scared to wash them because the blanket i made from lion brand homespun yarn got really yucky after i washed it. and i couldn't stand to wear sweaters that felt like that. but i washed them on the delicate cycle in cold water and laid them flate to dry. and can you believe it? they are actually still soft! so i'm just wondering if it's because i didn't put it in the dryer or will they eventually get yucky like the blanket? have you guys found a good way to keep synthetic yarns as soft as they are when you buy them ... or does it not bother you as much as it does me? ummm...this is a long comment isn't it?

Kainoa said...

I am jealous, I love the colors you picked out! Are you making a blanket for the bed?