02 February 2008

All Done!

So I made it my mission today to finish the stroller cover. It isn't how it should have been according to the store one that fell apart, but I think it looks really good, especially for being modified at the last minute.



Savannah thinks it is the bomb and it works sooooo much better than the one that was on it from the store. In fact, the stitching from the store one was nothing more than what I would use to baste, much less for a finished product. Guess it is another way they cut time and cost in China.

(Aren't my toes cute..... teehee. They always seem to make it into my pictures...)

7 comments:

Johanna said...

Can't wait to see it, Meagan!

Meagan said...

It is hard to see in the picture cause the materials all the same, but the store bought one had a three inch strip on the front edge that then was folded over to finish the front edge. The whole stroller seat was only one later of fabric with bais tape finishing the edges, so I decided I wanted it to be two layers so it was stronger (since Savannah likes to sit in it too) but when I did it, it came out too short. I think because of the top loops being shorter than the original ones.

Meagan said...

so instead of folding it over I made that just fit over the stroller frame so that it would fit... it also created the seat to have more depth to it which is nice cause things don't fall out as easy.

Joanna said...

it looks fantastic! great job!

Tina said...

That looks great!! Elena has what looks to be and identical stroller and we have the same problem... the fabric has fallen apart. that is what I get for $6, I guess!

Johanna said...

Your toes and the stroller seat are cute! You did a great job - Savannah must be thrilled!

Meagan said...

Hey tina, take a picture of the stroller without the seat if possible. If it is the same I'll make you a new seat too.