29 February 2008

On a Rope


Well here you go, six shoes on a rope. Okay, so it really is elastic but that is the last step, to cut and sew the elastic.... by hand no less, which I could do without but can't seem to fit the elastic under the machine foot to make it do it for me. I don't know why but hand sewing is just not my favorite. I think I don't really trust it to stand up to wear and tear.

Anyway, that is where they will stay for the meantime. I probably will do it on the way to Jacksonville tomorrow... or maybe on the way to church. The baby shower isn't till three Sunday and I have confidence in myself that I can get them done from here. Maybe I shouldn't have as much confidence???

3 comments:

Joanna said...

cute! i sort of feel the same way about hand sewing, except that clothes were sewn by hand for FAR longer than they've been sewn by machine and it seemed to work. but if you practice you hand sewing will get better and stronger. and if you use a quilting thread that'll help, too.

Johanna said...

Those look really good! I don't really like sewing by hand either, but sometimes it is the only way!

Tina said...

Good luck with the hand sewing! The shoes are great, what a clever idea!