23 March 2008

Knitting Status

Okay, so I haven't actually finished anything. But I thought I'd just share with you all what I'm doing because I really am knitting a lot lately. Here's one bootie that I made. I started on the second and already made the flower and leaves. It shouldn't be long before I finish. The pattern is free and if anyone is interested, you can get it here. It's very thick and sturdy and more like a boot than a bootie. Super cute though huh?



I'm also working on this sweater, which I started probably a year ago (or more). I'm determined to finish it now. The thing that I love about it is that it has a lot of different stitch patterns all put together in one sweater. I think it's interesting and doesn't look like something I could easily find in a department store. Which to me helps to justify the hours and hours it will take to knit this up. Oh, I'm not doing the tassels. I'm just not into tassels.





It's hard to see, but this is a close-up of the bobbles. This is the first time I've knitted bobbles. The only thing getting me through it is knowing that when I'm done, I'll never have to knit another bobble again. They are such pains. It's really hard to keep the tension right. The stitches on the row with the bobbles end up being looser than the other rows. I actually had to pull the first row out and re-do it. I'll be doing five rows of bobbles (with 3 rows of stockinette in between) and I've done two.



Here is the progress I've made on the maternity shirt. I'm a little worried because I thought that I was knitting the front panels and back all at once (I have a bad habit of not reading the pattern through before beginning to knit). But it turns out that this is only the back. It's going to be huge. It might end up being a true maternity top that I won't be able to wear when I'm not pregnant. I'm knitting the smallest size, but it measure 36" at the bust. Which is 5 inches bigger than what I really am.

6 comments:

Johanna said...

Wow, I'm impressed! You have been super busy. I'm with you on the tassles on the one sweater. I don't think I'd do those either.

And those booties are adorable!

Johanna said...

I just looked up that bootie pattern! How super easy - even I could make it! Yeah!!!

Joanna said...

really like the bobbles! and the bootie is sssoooooo cute! wow, you are knitting a lot. wow. impressive.

M said...

Good job marie! If I were you though I would just stop the bobbles and transition it right into the other patern above it and just do that pattern to make up the extra rows... But don't take my word on it cause I know less than nothing about those things.

Tina said...

Those are adorable booties. I can't wait to try them out!
I envy you the sweaters. i am just not brave enough yet. That looks like a great sweater.

Kainoa said...

OMG that little booty is so adorable!!! What a great beautiful job you did!! A little girl would look absolutely adorable with those on!!! wishing for a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!