21 April 2008

Not Getting Things Done

So I've not been crafty at all, unless you count when I was crafty enough to get Jerry to do bath 4 nights in a row! I am excited about one thing though. I am in the process of moving my sewing room from one room in our house to another. Because I have been planning to do this for many, many months now, stuff has been piling up in my current sewing room to the point that I don't even want to go in there. It is no fun to go get a project done when you can hardly walk into the room the stuff is in. I will post the pictures of my "new" room when it is done.

Feeling somewhat guilty that I haven't done much crafty lately, I did pull out the blanket for my room that I began to crochet last fall. Remember that? I was over the top excited about this new method of crochet I had discovered and ordered a way too expensive giant crochet hook to make this blanket? Well, I think the last time I added any stitches to this blanket was in December...the shame is great here...but yesterday I dug it out and added 7 whole rows to it! Work with me here - I need some encouragement. So go ahead, tell me how incredibly awesome I am for adding 7 whole rows to my blanket! Remember, it is a full size bed blanket so 7 rows is quite a lot!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

wow! fabulous. i'm really excited to see how this blanket turns out. i really like the colors. it's lovely. good job, johanna. way to go.

Johanna said...

Ahh, that's exactly what I needed to hear. Anyone else??? Anyone?

Leah said...

it looks so soft! and as a fellow crochet-er with a half done blanket, all i can say is 7 rows - WOW that's a lot!

Tina said...

Johanna I am right there with you - I have just been BUSY lately. I LOVE that blanket though....I think it looks great. I have no idea how you would produce that from that strange looking crochet hook, but good for you!