07 June 2008
So I made the preemie outfit that I found at the Threads of Love website. I think they turned out really good, as I spent a good amount of time on them, but I did feel that they needed to be modified slightly.
First, I thought it silly to use the snap tape so I simply finished the edges and left it as an open gap. Second, when finished the arm holes looked much too small to ever fit any arm through (still don't know how they ended up so small) so I opened the bottom seam up so that the sleeve looks there but really is a cap sleeve. Other than those two modifications though I left it as the pattern was.... oh wait, I made the outfit two tone instead of just one material.
It is kinda hard to tell, maybe I should take a picture with a ruler next to it (and some better light), but I think the sleeves are only about 1.5 inches wide, and the neck is not much bigger. They are so small, that I fear that no baby could actually fit inside it... but I hear that there are babies out there that survive after being born at one pound. Absolutely amazing. Hopefully they are not too small to fit some little guy.
Posted by Meagan at 9:41 PM