13 August 2008

I love my town...

Because I know that you want to know...
We live in a great little town called Thrapston. We live about a 3 minute walk from the butcher shop, the tea shop, and bread shop. Nearly everything in town is closed by 6pm and NOTHING is open on Sunday. (Well, almost nothing).
The kids attend a great little school (this is my two oldest on the main street in their school uniforms). The cattle market is just behind our house, and every Thursday (and some Saturdays) you can smell the sheep and cows that have been brought to sell. I have come to love this town, and dare to call it my own after only 1.5 years living here.
Today, this really great lady that I am friends with brought me these eggs. Wasn't that nice? You see, she is watching her neighbor's chickens and they are just laying them faster than she can eat 'em up. Isn't that funny? Just not something my kids would not be able to enjoy in Maryland, or DC, or even where I am from in Ohio! You guys should all come and visit me!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds amazing! I wish we could all meet up there. Do the kids all have accents now? I heard that after 14 it's harder to pick up the local accent and they are all much younger than that.

Joanna said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa, waaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Kainoa said...

I am so jealous! What a wonderful oppurtunity for your kids to get to experience living in another wonderful country, and you too for that fact! I wanna go to london too boo hoo.....I really am JEALOUS!!!!