08 January 2011

Japanese-Style Dumpling Soup

Here is my offering for recipe wars. I totally just made it up, but it's delicious and incredibly easy to make. I thought it was a little too salty when I made it with the bullion so use less bullion than is called for on the directions (usually 1 t. to 1 cup of water).

Japanese-style dumpling soup

3 quarts (12 cups) chicken stock, broth or water/bullion
¼ c soy sauce
1 t. sesame oil
4 green onions (or ½ any other style onion)
½ t. ground ginger
frozen prepared mandu (Japanese or Korean style dumplings)

Combine all the ingredients except for the dumplings and heat over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Add the frozen dumplings and let them heat through. Serve with rice.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Psst! Jo! That would be "bouillon" - but that sure looks like a great soup!

Joanna said...

Nice. The only comment I get is a spelling correction. Thanks for the love folks. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm going to try this for lunch this week. I don't have any mandu though so I'm going to use some udon noodles. Is that okay? I think I might try this a second time with some miso in it too.